Ingredients for 2 servings:
• 100 grams boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
• 2 large dried chilies, remove seeds and cut into 1.5 cm (1″) lengths
• 2 tbsp all purpose flour or corn flour
• 1/4 cup roasted salted cashew nuts
• 2 red long peppers, cut into thin juliennes
• 1/2 green banana pepper, cut into thin slices
• 1/2 medium size onion, cut into thin slices
• 1 large clove of garlic, crushed and roughly chopped
• 1-2 spring onions, cut into 4 cm (1.5″) lengths
• Rice bran oil (or any neutral taste cooking oil)
• Steamed jasmine rice
• 3/4 tbsp fish sauce or light soy sauce
• 1/2 tbsp black soy sauce
• 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
• 1/8 tbsp salt
• 1/8 tbsp granulated sugar
• 2 tbsp stock or water
• Pinch of ground white pepper
Stir-Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts
(Kai Pad Med Mamuanghimmaphan)
Kai pad med mamuanghimmaphan is one of Thailand’s most famous dishes. Anyone can make it at home. It is a little sweet and salty.
How to make:
1. Prepare seasoning sauce by mixing all the ingredients. Set aside.
2. Lightly fry dried chilies until shiny and get a beautiful deep red color. Set aside.
3. Toss chicken pieces in flour and deep fry until light golden. Set aside with dried chilies.
4. On medium heat, stir fry the garlic lightly until fragrant.
5. Add onions and stir fry until slightly transparent.
6. Add roasted salted cashews, fried dried chilies and fried chicken. Toss everything together and stirfry for 30 seconds.
7. Add seasoning sauce, stir fry until all the ingredients get a nice color.
8. Add red and green fresh chili juliennes and spring onions. Fast toss everything together and then transfer to a serving dish.
9. Serve hot with steamed jasmine rice.