Ingredients for 2 servings:
• 90 grams dry rice noodle (for frying pad Thai)
• 2-4 fresh water shrimps (shelled)
• 1 tbsp preserved turnips
• 1 tbsp dried shrimps
• 3 tbsp pad Thai sauce
• 1 egg
• 2 -3 tbsp oil for stir-fry
• 1/2 cup diced extra firm yellow tofu (1cm thick slices)
• 1 tbsp fish sauce
• 3 garlic chives (cut into 1-1/2” long pieces about 1/4 cup )
• 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
• 2 tbsp crushed peanuts
• 1 tbsp aprika
• 1/2 lime wedge
Pad Thai with Shrimps
(Pad Thai Goong Sod)
Thai Stir-Fried Noodles
Pad Thai is one of the most popular Thai dishes with sweet, tangy and complex flavors. Here are some easy to follow instructions for making an authentic Pad Thai at home. There are a number of ingredients, but there is nothing particularly tricky about the process. You can buy labeled Pad Thai sauce to make this dish!
How to make:
1. Soak the rice noodles in room temperature water for 30 minutes or until soft. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the pan until hot and then add the oil. Fry river shrimp, then bring up and set aside.
3. Pour oil into the pan. Add preserved turnips to fry. Follow with dried shrimp and stir-fry for one minute and then add Pad Thai sauce.
4. Place the noodles in the pan and toss to coat well. Stir to combine.
5. Cook until the noodles have absorbed most of the sauce. Make a hole in the center of the pan, add the eggs and let them cook, without stirring, for 15 seconds.
6. After 15 seconds, stir-fry until the eggs are cooked and well distributed throughout the noodles. Add paprika, yellow tofu , bean sprouts, fish sauce, peanuts and chive. Stir to ensure ingredients do not become too cooked.
7. Place on a serving dish, arrange the bean sprouts, chives, banana blossom and lime attractively and serve.